Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You dance; they danced


Cleo, Mom told me that you went to dance class yesterday, and did really well. Nice job! I wish I had been there to see it, but maybe I can take you when we get back to Baltimore. Meanwhile, I'm very happy that I'll get to see you in three days. And I've been looking for pictures of dancers here in Venice. Today, I was in a cemetery, and I saw the tomb of a man who ran a very important ballet company: one of the best in the world. He wasn't a dancer himself, but he directed the ballet dancers: and look at the sculptures of shoes on his tomb!

The sun has been shining here almost every day, and yesterday I went to the beach, to see if it's something we might do together. Yes, indeed: the sand looks good for castling, and the water is not cold at all. Bring a swimsuit, okay? And we can take the ferry to the beach, and maybe get some ice cream afterwards. So, you have three days to decide what flavor you'd like to try first...

No comments:

Post a Comment