Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Before and since

Often I feel - often, I suspect, every parent feels - that one's life is essentially divided, once one becomes a parent, into Before and Since. Before, I sometimes had to use an alarm clock to wake up; I lived in a house that was relatively tidy, and dotted with guitar stands and novels; I went to places called movie theaters, and ate at locales called restaurants. Since, I wake in the dark to the sounds of my daughter; I carry her through a bracken of scattered toys and changing tables to the kitchen, for a morning bottle of milk; I read condensed reviews of films, and gobble down peanut-butter coated granola bars during nap time. It's not worse, but it's certainly different, and it's hard to avoid a sense of strict and absolute division.

Which is why I'm delighted to report that I've found a musical object that brashly bridges, with no apparent trace of self-consciousness, my two lives. Behold, folks, Rockabye Babies' Lullaby Renditions of Metallica. With free samples for all. And dozens of other CDs to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment